Before you assign a course, you must ensure that the course settings are correct. Our default settings work for most people, but it's important to check these before assigning the course to make sure you don't create more work for yourself down the road.
First, you'll need to go to the Author section using the Application Switcher. This will show you the list of courses - you can search through for the course you want to assign, and click the title of the course.
Once you've clicked the name of the course, you'll see the main course page with the settings at the top. To see all of the settings and change them, click More Settings. An illustrated guide to all of the settings is below:
- The Due Date is when the course will be due for your learners. You can change the number of days, or you can use the dropdown to change "within" to "on", which will let you pick a specific date. Due dates do not impact a learner's ability to take the course. They are just for reporting.
- If you set a course to Expire, then after a set period of time (that you determine), their certificate will expire. You can choose to Auto-Enroll the learner after the expiration date as well.
- The certificate is on by default. If for some reason you don't want your learners to get a certificate, you can turn this off.
- The duration is an automatically calculated estimate of how long it takes to complete a course. You don't need to change this.
- You can give Continuing Education credits by turning this on. It will let you select how many credits the course is worth.
- Required Score is set to 80% by default and cannot be changed.
- Turning on Limit Attempts will allow you to limit the amount of times a learner can fail a course. If they fail too many times, they will have to contact an Administrator to reset their progress.
- By default, quizzes will show the correct response if someone fails to answer correctly. You can turn this off.
- When a learner takes a quiz, normally learners will be allowed to go backwards to review the material. Switching off Open Book Quiz will remove this option.
Please note: Some of these options may not be available to you depending on the type of course, or the level of access that you have.